Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
Notice of Triennial Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) Goal Virtual Open House 9/16/2020: PDF | HTML
- Notice of Goals for Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) (Federal FY 10/1/2020 to 9/30/2023): PDF | HTML
- 2018-2020 Notice of Goals for Participation by DBEs: PDF | HTML
- 2018-2020 DBE Weighted Goals: PDF | HTML
Objectives /Policy Statement (26.1, 26.3)
The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission to ensure that DBEs, and small businesses, as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy –
1. To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
2. To create a level playing field on which DBEs and small businesses can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts;
3. To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs or small businesses;
5. To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs and small businesses in DOT assisted contracts; and
6. To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
Allen Hammond has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity Allen Hammond is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation. Any questions of comments regarding DBE should be addressed to Talaya Jones at 219-254-2514
Requests for alternate formats please contact Talaya Jones at (219) 254-2514 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with hearing impairments may contact us through the Indiana Relay service by calling 711 or (800) 743-3333.
The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission (NIRPC) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program.
The complete document is available for download in PDF and HTML format: PDF | HTML